Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Consortium of Randomness Part 1 (May 11 Post)

I’ve both enjoyed and detested almost half a year of being a bum. I’m almost approaching my 6th month of bum hood and aside from broadening my movie data bank I honestly haven’t done anything astoundingly productive. Since I’ve yet to motivate myself into taking another dead end job just so I could pay my bills on time I have decided at this very moment to start a blog series bullet pointing random facts and trivia that I have managed to gather within the day through the internet, TV, DVD’s, Books, Magazines or whatever “aha!” moment I’ve managed to slip into my consciousness. And here it goes…so be it & doggawnit here’s to the start of my productivity, God help humanity! =p

Random fact #1:
I read from one of my oh so favorite websites that on this very day May 11th 1981 that Bob Marley (one of my all time favorite musicians) died from cancer. I also discovered that he is as tall as my boyfriend, hehe 5’4” ain’t that tall I tell yah! Also, he is a Mulato. He had a white English father and a black Jamaican mom. But the most interesting fact about Bob Marley (in my opinion) is that he had 13 kids and not all of them are from one woman. Apparently he had 3 kids with his wife Rita, adopted 2 kids from Ritas previous relationships, and the rest of the litter were each from different women. So Ziggy & Damien Marley are actually half brothers!!! Interesting right?!?

TV Knowledge #1:--Carmina Colgate Commercial--As we all learned in school, logic states that if A is B and B is C therefore A is C. Then I suppose benches and doors do get cavities! And you thought that painting every inch of furniture was purely for aesthetic purposes. Shame on you! Apparently you have to protect non-living inanimate objects from getting cavities too!

TV Knowledge #2:--Animal Planet Feature—Some guy who took care of wild cats said that Tigers were comfortable with water. It’s in their nature to swim or to constantly dip in the water for a bath. I guess that stupid sloth character from Ice Age 2 really is an idiot when he said tigers can’t swim.

Movie Knowledge #1:--Our Home (Hallmark Movie)—“A house is nothing but four walls with a roof over it and a home, no matter how big or how small it is is where people who live in it care & love each other”…or something to that effect. I didn’t quite commit that line to memory I just merely got the intent of it. Just like the title of that Natalie Portman movie “Home is Where the Heart Is” you make your home where you are most loved, and this is such a universal truth.

No comments: